Eating well and being fit is important to me and certainly an area that requires more focus for me, especially as I have Hashimoto's Disease. Getting older doesn't help either!
I've recently started working with a personal trainer and decided to use a phone app to track my food intake and exercise. It's called myfitnesspal and I love it.
Using a tracking system reveals the truth and can be a key factor in success. There are many ways to track including a notebook and pen, but here are some reasons I love using the app:
- It is on my phone and also syncs with the online application.
- It has most foods, brands, and restaurant menus included so I just have to choose the food and it calculates the calories. No more guessing at the calories or looking them up in a book.
- I can also track the amount of water I'm drinking. This is very important!
- When setting it up for the first time, I put in my current weight, the weight I would like to be, and it calculated the number of calories I should eat each day to reach my goal. Again ... no more guessing.
- It is on my phone so it is always with me.
- It isn't iPhone exclusive! It's available for iPhone, Android, Windows, AND Blackberries.
- It's free. ;)
Since using the app for the last three weeks, I've lost six pounds. Who knew that a little phone app could help me out so much?
Have you ever tracked your food and exercise? Do you use an app? Tell me your story!