I picked my first jalapeno from my potted pepper plant! (Say that three times fast. Go ahead … I'll wait for you.)
No kidding, I did! And there are two more growing …
And I made Pico de Gallo …
I like chips and salsa, but you can hardly beat fresh Pico. It's my favorite.
I rarely measure when I make Pico. I usually just eyeball it. However, here's the guidelines for my eyeballs:
- 2 cups finely diced fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 T. minced jalapeno
- ¼ cup minced cilantro (I usually use a bit more because I love it!)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ t. garlic powder (You can use fresh, but I find it has just a bit too much of a bite that I don't like in pico.)
- ½ t. cumin
- Salt to taste
Mix it all together, dip a chip, and munch away!